Campus Recruitment Programme conducted by the Institute is a very vital activity for the young engineers aspiring for appropriate placement in Government Departments, Private/Public Sector Undertakings.
A close interaction between the Institute and various company executives has created excellent placement record. The Students Job Coordinators actively participate in organizing Campus Recruitment Programme. By sheer dint of hard work and dedication, the students of this Institute have reached top positions in the industries and academia. The Institute has an excellent record of placing students in prestigious industrial organizations.
Our students belonging to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering, who graduated in current years, almost all the students have secured firm jobs in various National and Multinational companies, Private and Public Sector Undertakings and Government Departments with many students being offered multiple jobs. Some of them have joined the Indian Institutes of Management and other Prestigious Institute for higher studies. Some students were selected by the top Universities of India & abroad for higher studies in specialized areas. A high percentage of our eligible students have been offered jobs by reputed firms.
The Institute is giving a great deal of emphasis for strengthening the Industry Institute-interaction as well as interaction with other educational institution and R&D laboratories both at the national and international levels.
TRAINING AND PLACEMENT GUIDELINES
- Applying for a company or joining a company is entirely the responsibility/decision of the student concerned.
- The placement policy is One Student One Job. However, if the first job is of non-core profile, the student may go for a core company in addition.
- There is no restriction for a student on applying for a position in any company or appearing in test, interview etc. until a job is secured by him/her. A student will be considered to have secured a job if his/her name appears in the selection list, an appointment letter is received by the TPC or if a PPO is accepted by him/her.
- The final results of all the companies interviewing in a particular slot are to be submitted to the cell by the end of the slot. In case of a student being selected by more than one company, the student will choose only one of these offers immediately after the slot/day is over and all the results from the companies scheduled in that slot is received by the cell. His/her choice would be informed to all the concerned companies. In this situation, to ensure that the company does not suffer on the front of recruitment, it is suggested to prepare a panel of students in order of their merit who would be kept waitlisted. Any drop out from the main list will enable movement of the waitlisted candidates to the list of selected candidates and the same will be informed to the company.
- The company is required to send offer letters to the Placement Cell, who will then hand it over to the concerned students. Such letters should reach the cell before the end of March. Students would be available to join the company from 1st week of June onwards only after the completion of their course formalities.
*A Core Company is deemed to be a company offering a sales or service Profile with a CTC of less than 3 lacs per annum.
Pre Placement Offers (PPOs)
- All PPOs, offered to our students by the company, have to be intimated to the cell.
- The PPO will be counted as a job unless the related student rejects the offer within 2 working days of the notification sent to him/her by the cell.
- Any student, found to have not informed the cell about the secured PPO, will be debarred from the placement process. If in the meantime, the student gets another campus selection, the company in which he/she is placed will be intimated of the violation and the student will not be handed over the offer letter.
- The students will be allowed to apply for other companies until a PPO is extended to them under intimation to the cell.
Consequence of non-adhering to the Placement Policies
Each student will be assigned a total of 10 points at the time of registration with TPC. Points awarded will be deducted for non-adhering to the polices as per the following rules:
- A student will not be allowed to participate in the selection process of the company for which he/she has missed the PPT. The students are required to take their seats at least 5 minutes before the scheduled beginning time of the PPT.
- Students are provided an option to withdraw willingness from a company at least 48 hours before the start of first round of the selection procedure. Opting out of the selection process, at any stage after this, may lead to a deduction of 4 points for missing test, 5 for missing GD and 6 for missing interview.
- The students should be in formal attire for placement process. 5 points will be deducted if a student does not comply with this.
- Any sort of mischief on the part of students which affects the decorum of the PPT or the selection process or the reputation of the TPC/institute will lead to deduction of 5 points.
- Losing all the 10 points will lead to deregistration from TPC and the candidate will not be eligible for campus selection further.
GBPEC is preferred by recruiters due to following reasons:
- Our students are best in business-
- GBPEC draws on a reserve of extraordinary talent as a by-product of its selective, stringent and consequently, amazingly successful to all the UG programmes.
- The quality of students coming in is, without doubt, the best in the world- drilled in the sciences and problem-solving, the successful candidates are, by default, gifted, dedicated, hardworking and blessed with analytical ability. While each one is a 'topper', in his/her own right, a leader in more than one sphere of activity, many are consistent toppers at the National Level with various prestigious scholarships and awards and a few even have proved their mettle at the international level, having represented the nation at International Olympiads and other Fairs, Seminars etc.
- The pool of talent thus uncovered embraces the best and the brightest from across the length and breadth of the nation. People from the most diverse backgrounds come together in their quest to extend the frontiers of scientific and technological knowledge and in the process forge life-long friendships and inculcate the spirit of teamwork and dedication, which gives them a head start in terms of their careers in the distant corners of the globe.
- As such, the oft-quoted sobriquet becomes more appropriate- it is only "the cream of the nation" that walks into GBPEC, the intellectual camaraderie and more that then results is what makes this place special for it enhances the students' potential and imparts the holistic education that allows the prodigal promise to bear fruit as it must.
- Best academic practices are followed at GBPEC
We believe in training beyond curriculum. The students are exposed to various technical and extracurricular activities.
- The departments equip students with the best possible trades of an engineer through their rigorous regime of classes and laboratory sessions for five days a week. The academic session is divided in two semesters with 100 working days in odd semester and 80 working days in even semester. Growth of the students is constantly monitored by "Class Tests" and regular "Assignments". To continue the momentum of studies each semester has two "Mid semester test" whose marks add up and decide the overall performance of a particular student.
- As an indication of academic excellence achieved by Institute of Technology, four of its Engineering Departments are recognized by UGC as Center of Advanced Study; two others are recognized for Special Assistance Programme. In addition, six departments have also received UGC support under the COSIST programme and eight departments have received support under FIST programme of DST, New Delhi. The DST also established the National Electron Microscope Facility (NELMIF) way back in 1982. The Departments of Metallurgical and Mining Engineering have been identified as centers under the Quality Improvement Programme. It has been consistently ranked in the top 10 engineering institutions of the country in various surveys.
- The Institute through its demanding curriculum has made it mandatory for all students to pursue an Industrial Internship Programs in their third year accompanied by the Industrial Tour to the various department concerned industries.
- All the laboratories of the institute are equipped with modern instruments and machinery to equip students with the fundamental knowledge pertaining to their respective streams. All the departments are equipped with the latest and world class technology through their "Sophisticated Instrument Laboratories".
- Various Seminars and Guest lectures are organized by the institute to gear up the students for the outside world and to help them keep pace with the changing scenario in industries and research. Professional Communication is a necessary part of the student curriculum.